Halloween just isn't for kids. Adults can have just as much fun! This Pumpkin Fizz Cocktail is an adult version of the pumpkin drink from the popular Harry Potter book series.
Pumpkin fizz is just a carbonated version of pumpkin juice. Students of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry would often drink pumpkin juice with breakfast. I imagine pumpkin fizz as their version of soda.
I have a quite a few Halloween themed drinks on this site, but this is the only recipe made specifically for adults. I give adult options, of course for the other drinks.
- Sparkling Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Puree - not pumpkin pie filling
- Spiced Rum - I like Captain Morgan's
- Vanilla Flavored Rum or Vanilla Vodka
- Brown Sugar or colored cocktail sugar
- Cocktail Shaker or a cocktail mixing glass
- Place the pumpkin puree, spiced rum, and vanilla rum into your cocktail shaker or cocktail mixing glass.
- Shake or stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Divide pumpkin-rum mixture into glasses.
- Top with chilled apple cider.
- This Fall cocktail can be served at any Fall, Halloween, or Harry Potter themed party, but would make a perfect Fall Brunch drink to replace mimosa's.
- You can make the pumpkin/rum mixture ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Shake or stir before serving since the pumpkin puree is a solid and will settle to the bottom of the shaker or cocktail mixing glass.
🍸Fall Drink Recipes
- Pumpkin Juice
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch
- Purple People Eater Punch
- Frozen Apple Cider
- Hot Spiced Cider
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces spiced rum
- 4 ounces vanilla rum
- 8 ounces sparkling apple cider chilled
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Wet the rim of each champagne flute.
- Dip the top rim of each champagne flute into brown sugar.
- Place into a shaker bottle the pumpkin puree, spiced rum and vanilla rum.
- Shake ingredient until well blended.
- Divide pumpkin/rum mixture among 4 champagne flutes.
- Top each flute with chilled sparkling apple cider.
- The pumpkin will settle to the bottom of the shaker if you let the mixture sit. Be sure to give it a shake before pouring.
- You can use festive colored sugar instead of brown sugar to rim the glass.
- Serve chilled.