Halloween isn't just for kids. Adults and kids can still enjoy dressing up in fun costumes and eat creepy treats. Don't forget about a special drink for your next Halloween Party. This Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch is kid-friendly and yummy too!
My son is getting too old for trick or treating, but my daughter is still young enough to enjoy trick or treat. My hubby and I take turns either walking her around or giving out candy. Most years when Halloween is during the week it can be a bit of a challenge to coordinate the evening. One year when my husband got home late from work I left the candy bowl on the step so I could walk around with the kids. The bowl was completely empty when we got back, which wasn't a surprise.
I get so excited about Halloween. My go-to costume is Maleficent costume my mother made for me when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I was the same height then as I am now, but currently a bit bigger in the other direction. It still fits for the most part...
I have never attended a Halloween party or hosted one myself. I usually just make Halloween treats for my kids before we head out for candy. Sometimes I make desserts, but they just get me in trouble. You know I can't resist and end up eating too much. I stick to drinks, especially single-serve because they are easier to control and they go with just about anything (even our mummy hot-dogs!).
If you search on Pinterest you will find tons of Halloween punch and drink recipes. Many of the recipes are made with ingredients that contain artificial ingredients and/or colors. I don't go crazy cutting out sugar (although I should), but I do avoid artificial colors as much as I can. This Halloween punch uses ingredients that are colored naturally.
Tips to make Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch:
- To create a rich orange color you want to make sure the ingredients are all a similar color.
- If you don't care for mango sorbet or can not find it orange sherbet works well.
- If you can not find Izze peach you could use Izze Clementine or orange soda.
- You can substitute Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine Juice or Juicy Juice Mango Juice if you can not find V8 Splash.
- You can make a large quantity in a punch bowl or cauldron if you wish: Pour the entire bottle of V8 Splash into your bowl, add in 4 bottles of Peach Izze and top with scoops of sorbet or sherbet (1-2 pints)
Kid-FriendlyHocus Pocus Halloween Punch
- 8 ounces V8 Peach Mango
- 6 ounces Izze Peach
- 1 scoop Mango Sorbet any brand
- In a glass of your choice pour in V8, then Izze Peach.
- Top punch with one scoop of sorbet.
- Serve immediately.
This Halloween punch is kid-friendly, but if you have had a rough night there is no reason why Mom and Dad can't add a little something to their drinks at the end of the night!
Other kid-friendly Halleen Drinks Recipes
How to Serve Halloween Punch?
You can't serve Halloween punch in just any cup. These adorable mason jar mugs are perfect for any party!
If you have kids you might not want to use glass. These plastic ups glow in the dark! How awesome is that?
Don't forget straws! If you don't like paper straws these reusable straws are perfect to use year after year.
If you are serving a crowd and want to make Hocus Pocus Punch in larger quantities a punch bowl would be helpful.