Halloween isn’t just for kids. Adults and kids can still enjoy dressing up in fun costumes and eat creepy treats. Don’t forget about a special drink for your next Halloween Party. This Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch is kid-friendly and yummy too!
My son is getting too old for trick or treating, but my daughter is still young enough to enjoy trick or treat. My hubby and I take turns either walking her around or giving out candy. Most years when Halloween is during the week it can be a bit of a challenge to coordinate the evening. One year when my husband got home late from work I left the candy bowl on the step so I could walk around with the kids. The bowl was completely empty when we got back, which wasn’t a surprise.
[Tweet “Halloween is not just for kids! Don’t forget the punch.”]
I get so excited about Halloween. My go-to costume is Maleficent costume my mother made for me when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I was the same height then as I am now, but currently a bit bigger in the other direction. It still fits for the most part…
I have never attended a Halloween party or hosted one myself. I usually just make Halloween treats for my kids before we head out for candy. Sometimes I make desserts, but they just get me in trouble. You know I can’t resist and end up eating too much. I stick to drinks, especially single serve because they are easier to control and they go with just about anything (even our mummy hot-dogs!).
If you search on Pinterest you will find tons of Halloween punch and drink recipes. Many of the recipes are made with ingredients that contain artificial ingredients and/or colors. I don’t go crazy cutting out sugar (although I should), but I do avoid artificial colors as much as I can. This Halloween punch uses ingredients that are colored naturally.
Tips to make Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch:
- To create a rich orange color you want to make sure the ingredients are all a similar color.
- If you don’t care for mango sorbet or can not find it orange sherbet works well.
- If you can not find Izze peach you could use Izze Clementine or orange soda.
- You can substitute Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine juice if you can not find V8 Splash.
- You can make a large quantity in a punch bowl or cauldron if you wish: Pour the entire bottle of V8 Splash into your bowl, add in 4 bottles of Peach Izze and top with scoops of sorbet or sherbet (1-2 pints)
- 8 ounces V8 Peach Mango
- 6 ounces Izze Peach
- 1 scoop Mango Sorbet any brand
- In a glass of your choice pour in V8, then Izze Peach.
- Top punch with one scoop of sorbet.
- Serve immediately.
This Halloween punch is kid-friendly, but if you have had a rough night there is no reason why Mom and Dad can’t add a little something to their drinks at the end of the night!
Other kid-friendly Halleen Drinks Recipes
Supplies you might need (affiliate links):