Kid-friendly, 3-ingredient Purple People Eater Halloween Punch is made with just three simple ingredients. Perfect for Halloween Party or just for fun.
I love Halloween and not just because I have kids. I got excited about Halloween before I had kids. The candy is not what excites me (although that’s a bonus), it’s the dressing up and acting silly for one night. My son has outgrown Halloween, but thankfully my daughter has not. Even when they are too old for Halloween, momma will still be dressing up and decorating the house.
It makes me really upset to see retail stores rushing through the holidays. I have not bought Halloween candy yet and Target already has Christmas clothing and home decor out! I won’t decorate for Halloween until October 1st. Thanksgiving and Christmas getting their equal time too. I have to make sure I use all the decorations taking up room in our basement. There is no reason to rush any holiday season.
Even though Halloween is only 11 days away I am still getting ready. Each year I make mummy hot dogs and a Halloween themed dessert. Last year I added in a special Halloween drink to our menu, Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch.
How to Make Purple People Eater Punch
Purple People Eater Punch is similar to Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch because each drink uses three ingredients:
- a juice: grape so the punch will be purple
- fizzy soda/sparkling juice: I used Sprite, but you can you can lemon-lime soda
- sorbet/ice cream: you can use raspberry sherbet or another lavender colored ice cream.
My hubby suggested I make a green colored drink, but Halloween green is way too artificial. For Purple People Eater Punch, I used Welch’s grape juice, Sprite, and a purple-colored ice cream. You certainly don’t need to use the same brands I did. You can use any brand you would like as far as the liquids go. For the ice cream, you can use any purple ice cream. Raspberry sorbet or sherbet are good choices too.
- 4 ounces lemon-lime soda I used Sprite
- 4 ounce 100% grape juice I used Welch's
- 1 scoop purple ice cream sorbet, or frozen yogurt (I used Artic Zero Poppin Pomegranate)
- In a glass of your choice combine grape juice and soda.
- Top with ice cream.
- Add a Halloween straw and enjoy!
Check out two other kid-friendly Halloween Party drinks!