Start off your Thanksgiving morning with this yummy pumpkin chocolate chip bread. This quick bread is also a perfect hostess gift!
It’s time again for the monthly Recipe Redux Challenge. This months challenge is “Creative Quick Breads”
The holiday baking season is upon us. And this month we’re going way beyond grandma’s banana bread. From sweet to savory and whole-grain to gluten-free, show us your new quick bread creation fresh from the oven. And if you have a tip for wrapping and giving your lovely loaf, please share that too!
I make quick breads a few times a year. Banana bread is the usual choice, because it is my hubby’s favorite. It was a bread that his mother made often when he was younger. I also like to make quick breads if I am asked to contribute to my kids school bake sales. Last year I made about a dozen quick breads and packaged them up to sell. I think quick breads are a great option. Quick breads are also great gifts. Large or small loaves can be packaged and given to teachers or used as hostess gifts during the holiday season.
For this challenge I decided to continue with the Fall theme that I have been sticking with this month on Nourished Simply. I have said this in multiple posts that pumpkin and pecans are my favorite Fall flavor combination, but I already have a pumpkin pecan muffin recipe that I shared last year here on the blog. So I decided to add chocolate to my pumpkin bread instead of pecans, since I of course love chocolate! Who doesn’t?
[Tweet “Start your Thanksgiving morning off with pumpkin chocolate chip bread. #therecipe redux #nourishedsimply”]
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 container siggi Vanilla yogurt you can also use vanilla Greek yogurt or plain with 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil liquified
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour and 9 in loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flours, oat bran, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- Whisk dry ingredients to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine wet ingredients: pumpkin, sugars, maple syrup, egg, and oil.
- Stir wet ingredients to combine well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry stirring until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to incorporate chips.
- Place batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 50-55 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Items you may need to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread! (affiliate links)