Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are my three favorite cookies all in one!
It’s time again for The Recipe Redux. This month our Recipe Redux group is celebrating the 42nd month of making recipes healthier. Our assignment this month:
Grab a Book & Cook
It’s the end of the year and we’ll be taking a moment to reflect: ReDux has been around for 42 months! (Can you believe some of you have ReDux-ed 42 recipes?) To celebrate, we’re playing a little party game this month: Grab your nearest cookbook and ReDux the recipe on page 42 or 142. We can’t wait to see the books you’re cooking from these days – and how you make that recipe healthier.
I went through at least 8 different cookbooks. Page 42 in one of my cookbooks was just instructions for a cooking method, ugh! I finally decided on page 42 of the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook. Since I have been busy baking holiday cookies, a cookie recipe was a great idea.
Page 42 contains a recipe for Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I decided to mash the ingredients together and make Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don’t love butterscotch, so that was out!
The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe included sugar, creamy peanut butter, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and nuts. I did not want to use evaporated milk or regular peanut butter. This recipe still has a cup of sugar but uses more brown sugar than white sugar. I used natural peanut butter to eliminate some added sugar.
I used the same base recipe as my Cranberry Oatmeal Chip Cookies and added in natural peanut butter, peanuts, and bittersweet chocolate chips. Peanut butter and peanuts are a great source of protein and healthy fat. Dark chocolate is not only my favorite chocolate because of its taste, but for its antioxidant properties.
[Tweet “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are like having three cookies mashed into one!”]
Get the Recipe!
Peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are full of healthy whole grains.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 10 oz.package 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate morsels I used Ghirardelli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder.
- In small batches add dry ingredients into wet until all flour is incorporated.
- Mix in rolled oats.
- Add in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon ball of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool on baking pan 3-5 minutes.