I have been an eMeals blogger for over the past year. Each week I receive a weeks worth of low calorie recipes. I love the fast recipes especially. Three times per week I work as a bariatric dietitian at a local hospital. By the time I leave work and pick up both kids it's about 5:30 when we get home. Dinner can not take long to prepare on these nights. We either use left overs or quick meals. When I read the quick recipe for Shrimp Tacos I new it would be perfect for a quick dinner and we would love it!
The cilantro lime sauce is pretty easy to make. You do need grated lime rind. I used my favorite zester to grate the rind. The lime gives the recipe a very fresh taste. I did use a bit less lime then the recipe called for, just because I didn't want to cut another lime!
The shrimp are seasoned and coated prior to cooking. The spices give the shrimp quite a kick, but is not over-powering.
eMeals is a great service to help you plan healthy meals. The Shrimp Taco recipe was a part of the Low Calorie Family Meal Plan. My 10 year old has enjoyed all the recipes I have prepared from the Low Calorie Plan. However, among the many plans available at eMeals you can subscribe to a kid friendly plan.
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ lb medium-size shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, heated
- 3 cups angel hair coleslaw half of a 12 oz bag
- Stir together sour cream, 2 tablespoons cilantro, lime rind, and lime juice.
- Toss together shrimp, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; saute 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Fill tortillas evenly with shrimp, coleslaw, sour cream mixture and remaining cilantro.
- Serve 2 tacos per serving.
At the time of this post I was an emeals blogger. As an emeals blogger I received a free one year subscription to emeals. Opinions are my own. I am also an emeals affiliate. This post contains affiliate links.