Did you know that kiwifruit is a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Potassium? Add this simple kiwi pineapple fruit salsa to any protein to add a rich source of vitamins and minerals to your meal.
I received free samples of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Zespri Kiwifruit and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Sungold Kiwifruit Facts:
- Sungold kiwifruit is a new variety of kiwifruit from Zespri.
- Sungold kiwifruit has smooth skin, unlike traditional kiwi that has a fuzzy skin.
- The fruit is also yellow instead of traditional green.
- One serving, which is 2 kiwifruit, provides three times more vitamin C than an orange and as much potassium as a medium banana.
- SunGold is a good source of vitamin E.
[Tweet “Sungold kiwifruits are rich sources or Vitamin C, Potassium, and Vitamin E. #sponsored”]
I’m sure when you think of salsa you think of traditional tomato salsa that is spicy. For those of us who can’t handle spicy food sweet salsa made with Summer riped fruit is a more comfortable option! Adding in some heat with jalapeno pepper adds a nice balance between sweet and spicy.
Fruit salsa can be used as an appetizer but works really well as a side dish with your favorite protein. Shrimp is my favorite protein. I could probably eat shrimp daily but don’t of course. Kiwi pineapple fruit salsa is perfect served on shrimp. This salsa also would work well with chicken, pork, and other seafood such as salmon.
- 2 Sungold Kiwifruit peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper any color
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl combine kiwifruit, pineapple, red onion, jalapeno pepper, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice and salt.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Serve with your favorite protein or chips.