During the fall and winter holiday seasons we try to make sure we serve festive foods, but what about drinks? This festive Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria is a perfect edition to your Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s celebration.
I am not a wine drinker by any means. My husband loves wine. I go for the fruity cheap wines like Arbor Mist (my hubby does not consider this true wine). Sangria, which contains wine, though is definitely something I like. My hubby also approves of it more so than the wines he doesn’t consider true wines.
Sangria can be white or red depending on your taste. I tend to gravitate more to the white sangria’s. For the holiday’s I love the look of white wine with red fruit. Sparkling Holiday Apple Cider Sangria is so festive!
Tips to Make Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria:
- You can use just about any combination of fruit you want. Although don’t use fruit that it mushy. Apples, cranberries, and citrus hold up pretty well.
- Herbs are often used too in holiday sangria’s to add a touch of green to the color palette.
- If you want your sangria sweeter you could add honey, simple syrup, sugar or stevia, however if you use a sweet wine you won’t need to add any additional sugar since the fruit and sparkling cider already contain sugar!
- Pinot Grigio works will with most white sangria recipes, however if you want a sweeter drink us a sweet white wine.
- For a non-alcholic version you can use two bottles of sparkling cider and omit the orange liqueur and wine.
- 750 ml bottle Pinot Grigio 750 ml
- 750 ml sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 cup Gran Gala orange liqueur
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup bag of fresh cranberries rinsed
- 4 ounces Pomegranate Seeds
In a large pitcher combine wine, sparkling apple cider, and orange liqueur.
Top with apple slices, oranges, cranberries, and pomegranate seeds.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Items you may need to make Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria: (affiliate links)