How many times have you wanted just a cookie and were left with a few dozen after making a batch of homemade cookies? The recipe for Half Batch Triple Chocolate Cookies only makes 18 cookies.
Homemade cookies are so much better than store bought, but a batch of homemade cookies makes generally 2-3 dozen cookies. In my house, we end up having cookies go to waste because we get tired of them after a while. You can freeze cookie dough and save it for another time, but I just like to bake them and get it over with.
[Tweet “Half Batch Triple Chocolate Cookies only makes 18 cookies.No need to make a full batch of cookies. Less cookies equals less calories!”]
Altering recipes to make smaller batches takes some brain power, which I don’t always want to use. Math skills from elementary school come into play when you have to work with fractions. Sometimes measurements can not easily be cut in half. For example, 1/3 cup of sugar can not be cut in half exactly, so then you need to play around with the recipe a bit.
Half Batch Triple Chocolate Cookies was pretty easy to create because it was a new recipe. I have played with cutting my other favorite cookie recipe, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies in half and you have to use half an egg!
My 13-year-old son found the cookies and loved them, which of course made Momma happy. My happiness disappeared quickly when I realized he didn’t leave many for us!
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add in egg and beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then remove them and transfer cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.