I have to admit I do not eat raw carrots unless they are finely shredded. I think it’s a texture issue. I prefer carrots cooked. Roasting, I feel, is the best way to go. Roasted carrots are delicious alone, but add in some garlic and fresh herbs and you have a winner!
I always have cloves of garlic in my kitchen. I probably cook with garlic every other day. I happened to have had some fresh Thyme in my refrigerator. From Spring through Fall I can go out to the garden for herbs, however in the winter months I need to purchase them.
I have tried to grow herbs in pots, so I can keep them all year in the house. The herbs plants always die, so I have given up. Store bought fresh herbs or dried get us through until Spring.
- 2 bunches of small to medium carrots peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled but left whole
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Thyme sprigs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter.
- Mix melted butter with water and olive oil.
- Place carrots in one layer in a baking dish.
- Add in garlic cloves.
- Pour water, butter, oil mixture over carrots, coating evenly.
- Place thyme in dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 - 20 minutes.