What goes better with Baked Chicken Tenders then Ranch Dressing? These baked chicken tenders are accompanied by a protein rich Yogurt Ranch Dip made with Siggi’s Yogurt.
My kids love chicken tenders. I have to admit I buy frozen tenders usually. I have tried several times over the years to make my own baked chicken tenders, but my picky kids wouldn’t eat them. I gave up trying until recently. I tried again and finally got approval. Yes!
Ranch dressing is the dressing that the kids love to have with chicken tenders. I marinated chicken tenders in prepared ranch dressing. This helps give the chicken more flavor and more moisture. The dressing also allows you to coat the chicken with bread crumbs without the need for an egg.
When I am baking a dish that would traditionally be fried I like to use Panko bread crumbs. Panko is crispier and gives you the same mouth feel as if you fried the food. I let the chicken marinate as long as I can. In a pinch an hour or two is all you need.
Instead of using the normal ranch dressing to dip the finished tenders I made a yogurt ranch dip using Siggi’s yogurt and 1/2 of a ranch dressing seasoning packet.
Do it yourself chicken tenders baked not fried.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Place chicken tenders into a zip lock bag.
- Place ranch dressing into the zip lock bag with chicken and coat well.
- Place chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or over night.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a thin layer of olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Place Panko bread crumbs into a bowl or large plate.
- Add seasoning to bread crumbs and mix to combine.
- Place marinated chicken tenders into bread crumbs and coat well.
- Place chicken tenders onto the oiled baking sheet.
- Spray tops of chicken tenders with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Bake chicken tenders for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Yogurt Ranch Dip
- In a small bowl combine 1 (5.3 ounce) container of siggi's plain yogurt with Ranch seasoning mix.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is for the chicken tenders only.
Have you tried Siggi’s yogurt yet? The Icelandic yogurt skyr that is Siggi’s yogurt, is a thicker, creamier yogurt that is higher in protein than yogurts that we are used to in the US. The Siggi motto is simple ingredients, not a lot of sugar. The average protein content is 14 grams (the equivalent of 2 eggs or 2 ounces of meat) and less than 15 grams of sugar. The sugar source is fresh fruit and cane sugar. Ingredients are sourced locally from the New York area where Siggi’s is produced.
I had the privilege of meeting Siggi himself a few months ago in Vermont. I loved to hear how he got his start. We also were able to do a hands on yogurt making experience. I’m proud to say that I am now a Siggi’s ambassador.