This month I fell in love with Smoked Paprika. I love the flavor and have been trying to find ways to incorporate into more recipe. Roasted carrots are my favorite, but sometime the sweetness get a bit old. So I wanted to spicy carrots up and bit.
I found several recipes for sweet and spicy carrots. Many used cayenne pepper, which for me is too much heat. I thought that smoked paprika would be an excellent stand in that I would enjoy.
These carrots are an excellent side dish or a great snack. They are very much like baked fries and could be a healthier substitute for traditional french fries.
Sweet and Spicy Carrots
- 2 lbs of carrots about 12 washed, peeled, and cut into sticks
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place carrot sticks into a medium size bowl.
- Add in olive oil, maple syrup, and smoked paprika, mix and coat carrots evenly.
- Spread carrots out onto a baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn carrots over and cook for an additional 10 minutes.