Leftover Turkey & Pumpkin Chili
Use of leftover turkey breast and warm up with this easy to put together turkey chili.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion diced
- ½ bell pepper diced (I used yellow)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen butternut squash
- ½ can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 ounce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Heat olive oil in a medium Dutch oven.
Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Add remaining ingredients.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with optional low-fat sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 62gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 570mgPotassium: 1115mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 7205IUVitamin C: 23.4mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 3.8mg