I love sweet potatoes. I have been attempting to make sweet potato chips, but have not been successful. So last week I decided to try roasting them instead. The potatoes cooked faster then I anticipated, which is great. With just a few simple ingredients the sweet potatoes were tender and flavorful. My husband is not a fan of sweet potatoes, so I thought I would have a lot of leftovers, but I didn’t!
You can see from the picture there are different colors. I used a sweet potato and a white sweet potato, which honestly I did not know was available until I happened to see a sign for them in my local supermarket. Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A, Fiber, and Potassium. A 1 cup serving contains about 114 kilocalories. The rich color of a regular sweet potato is due to beta-carotene, which also has antioxidant properties.
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 large White Sweet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 glove of garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
- Place in a roasting ban or baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add minced garlic.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Stir occasionally during roasting.