I made tacos the other night, because my kids love them. I’m not a fan of meat, so I used black beans in my taco salad that night. I needed to find a way to use the remaining black beans, so bean dip came to my mind. Luckily I also had a number of other ingredients on hand that would go well mixed in with the beans!
I added prepared salsa, lime juice, and avocado to help develop the creamy texture. I also added garlic for an extra bite. My son loved the recipe so much that he asked to have bean dip for breakfast this morning! He couldn’t wait for me to take the pictures. You can see his hand got in the way. While writing this he told me I need to make this more often.
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Avocado diced
- 4 organic cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- Pinch of sea salt of celtic salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese optional
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (I used my Vitamix).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
I try to use organic ingredients when I can. You can certainly used regular ingredients.